How to Configure Contact Form 7 In WordPress
Last updated on August 10th, 2021 at 02:18 pm
Creating a contact form isn’t the final step of adding them to the WordPress website. Apparently, the process has a lot more than it can be done. For one, WordPress website owners can effectively configure and customize the contact forms, turning them at par with the website needs.
To help you seamlessly configure contact form 7 in the WordPress website, we articulate this piece. But before diving into the technical specifications, one thing to be sure is the need for a contact form.
A much controversial topic here is why do you need a separate contact form when you already have email forms on the website? Why take the pain to design a distinct form and not use the existing one?
Ok, this is a pretty good question. And as much as the question seems intriguing, the answer is far beyond satisfying.
Why Do You Need To Configure Contact Form In WordPress?
We agree with the fact that nearly every WordPress website has an email form. This form is embedded within the site to give its readers the ease to communicate with the site manager. Yet, it is seen that such email forms are not effective in providing all relevant details, as required to initiate a conversation.
This is where you would need a separate contact form. What’s best about a contact form is that spammers would never pry upon them. Also, you can have an email bar within the contact form, making it a choice better than the email forms.
Another reasonable explanation as to why a contact form is important when creating a WordPress website is that such forms are customized and you can add as many fields as you want. Also, you can engage with your readers in a better and more organized way.
How to Configure Contact Form 7 in WordPress?
Without wasting much time, let’s move ahead to the process of configuring contact form 7 on your WordPress website.
Downloading the Plugin Contact Form 7
- To start, you would first need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard. Use the username and password to do the same.
- Now, move to the left of the dashboard. Here, click on Plugin and then Add New.
- Now, enter the keyword – Contact Form in the search bar.
- As the window opens, download the plugin and then click on install
- Activate the plugin following the steps as visible.
Note: Another way to download the plugin is to visit here and once you have downloaded, you can now upload the contact-form-7 folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory. After this, register your WordPress dashboard, click on the plugin and you will find a tab of the plugin already available. Simply click on install and activate the plugin.
Create a Contact Form
- After the activation process is complete, you will find a new Contact Add on the left column of the WordPress admin dashboard
- Click on the Contact Add Tab and now select edit.
- The next page that opens up has several fields that you can add within the contact form.
- Based on your needs and website specifications, you can select a few or all of the fields.
- Once you have selected the desired fields, click on add to form.
- As soon as you add the fields within the form, right at the bottom of your page, you will see a shortcode, apparently, the one that backs the created form.
- All you need to do is simply copy the code.
Add Forms in a Page
We have created the desired form and now we need to add this in one of your website pages, right?
- Visit the page, the one where you wish to add the contact form.
- Paste the above-copied shortcode at the location you want the contact form to display.
- Finally, click on save to update the changes made on the page.
In case, you wish to change or edit the forms, follow the given below steps:
- Login to the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Move to the left of the page and click on contact.
- Here, select the forum that you plan on configuring.
- Once you have selected the form
- Like, click on the email.
- The page that opens has
- Additional Header
- File attachment
- Set up the form in a way you think is best
Contact form 7 has this exquisite feature where you can add reCaptcha within the WordPress website to prevent robots from accessing your page.
To do so:
- Log in to the Google+ account and click open the reCaptcha admin panel
- Enter the domain name of your website to register the same.
- Here, you get a site key and a secret key.
- Now, open the WordPress admin dashboard
- Here, click on contact-> integration
- Enter the site key and security key under the reCaptcha section and save the above.
- Add the shortcode in your contact form page and click on save.
This is all that you need to do in order to configure the contact form in WordPress.