HOW TO BACKUP AND RESTORE WORDPRESS WEBSITE
This article helps you to understand how to backup and restore a WordPress site.
This article consists of the following topics:
- Why I need so?
- How can do it myself without impacting websites?
- Difficulty level [Easy, Medium, Hard].
- Total time consumed.
Why I need backup and restore WordPress Website?
These are following reason to backup and restore a WordPress site or blog.
- To restore the website when the files are deleted or lost.
- If your website could get hacked, then to recover your data.
How can do it myself without impacting websites?
There are some easy steps to backup and restore a wordpress site or blog.
- Go to wordpress.com and login to your site
Go to Wp-admin by clicking on the dashboard or add /wp-admin in URL and press enter
Go to tools then click on export.
Then click on Start Export button. The whole site will get downloaded in .xml format.
- Go to tools < import.
- click on the choose file button and select the backup file then upload it.
Difficulty level [Easy, Medium, Hard]
Total time consumed
This is for WordPress.com or Org ?